The aspirants who want the daily current affairs updates daily can check out this page. At this present page the GK, Current affairs, Banking and finance awareness, important days on 28th Jan 2018 etc all are updated. Check Current Affairs, GK 28th Jan 2018 news. In addition to these updates, daily quizzes on all these topics also will be provided at our page Recruitmentindia.in. At the bottom of the quiz, correct options also given with clear explanation. Hope that all the candidates will utilise this post to become strong in the current affairs. Daily updates are available through our page.
- Important Day: 28th Jan is the Data Privacy Day or Data Protection Day. This year theme of this day is “Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust“.
- In 2018, 28th Jan 2018 is also considered as Anti Leprosy Day. Usually Anti Leprosy Day is observed on Jan 30 or nearest Sunday to that date internationally.
- 28th Jan 2018 is the 153rd Birthday Anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai (Punjab Kesari).
- In 1933 on 28th Jan 2018, Muslim nationalist Choudhry Rahmat Ali used Pakistan name first time.
Current Affairs, GK 28th Jan 2018 Updates
- Usha Ananthasubramanian, Veteran Banker who is the MD and CEO, Allahabad Bank elected as the 1st Woman chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for the year 2017-18 by its managing committee.
- Hemant Kumar Sharma ( 2002-batch IAS officer ), appointed as Divisional Commissioner of Jammu state after the incumbent officer Mandeep Kumar Bhandari
- Actress Priyanka Chopra is appointed as Global brand ambassador for JBL and Harman Kardon audio brands by HARMAN International which is a fully-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
- Roger Federer won Australian Open 2018 and 20th Grand Slam title with a five-set win over Marin Cilic. Over all Federer won 6th Australian title in his career.
- The Payments banks like Airtel payments bank ,Paytm payments bank, Indian Postal payments Bank , small finance banks like Utkarsh and ESAF can give social security scheme called Atal Pension Yojana (APY), to their clients.
- Till now, this scheme is only applicable for all mainstream banks such as State Bank of India (SBI), Oriental Bank of Commerce and Bank of Baroda etc.
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) started in May 2015, APY is a Government of India’s old age pension scheme, managing by the PFRDA(Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority), implementing in all the banks nationwide.
- A loan amount of Rs.2587 crores has been given by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for the Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Project (Phase 3) in the name of JICA Official Development Assistance loan.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) at Raichur (Karnataka) has been approved by the Union Government. This IIIT is the 2nd one in Karnataka after the one in Dharwad.
- From Feb 9th 2018, a three Day International Bird Festival at Dudhwa.
- The Oxford Dictionaries declared ‘Aadhaar’ as its 2017 ‘Hindi Word of the Year’ at the Jaipur Literature Festival.
- Acid attack victims now get the quota in all the central government jobs. Persons who are with autism, mental illnesses, intellectual disability , victims of acid attacks now get quota in central government jobs from now onwards.
28th Jan 2018 GK, Banking, Current Affairs Quiz:
1. New Chief Election Commissioner 2018 elected by President Ram Nath Kovind?
A. Achal Kumar Joti
B. Ashok Lavasa
D. Om Prakash Rawat
2. How many ASEAN countries heads were invited as the chief guests at Republic Day held at Rajpat in New Delhi?
3.In which field Ghulam Mustafa Khan was awarded Padma Vibhushan ?
A.Science & Engineering
C. Social Work
D. Art (Music)
4.The name of the defence personnel of the Indian Air Force (IAF) who has received Ashok Chakra Award in 2018?
A. Arvind Parikh
C. Arup Kumar Dutta
D. Jyoti Prakash Nirala
5.Who has written The original constitution of India ?
A.Babu Rajendra Prasad
B. Durga Das Basu
C. B. N. Rau
D. Prem Behari Narain Raizada
6.Name the nation which India will overtake to become the world’s fastest growing large economy?
7.On the Inclusive Development Index 2018, India’s position in The World Economic Forum ?
8.In Which city the International Dam Safety Conference will be hosted?
9.In which state the garbage festival named ‘Kachra Mahotsav’ was held ?
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
10. According to IMF, the expected growth rate of India in 2018?
11.Which nation has funded in satellite hunt to find new mineral deposits?
A. South Korea
D. Great Britain
12.Anandiben Patel is the Governor of which state?
13.Who has appointed as the new Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre?
14.SARAS Aircraft was developed by
15.Which country will host an informal WTO Ministerial gathering in March 2018?
16. Which bank gives Rs 4000 crore to the State-owned oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has borrowed ?
B. Kotak Bank
C. ICICI Bank
D. Axis Bank
17. The social network which tie-up with Flipkart for the 4G Smartphones?
D. Jio Reliance
18.Name the 10-year-old Indian-origin boy, who has become the youngest applicant in achieving the highest score in the Mensa IQ test held at UK, beating genuieses like Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking etc..
A. Rahul Shyam
B. Archit Tiwari
C. Ankit Singhal
D. Mehul Garg
19. Airports Authority of India(AAI) has signed an agreement under which government initiative? with Lao Air Trac Management, Department of Civil Aviation in order to provide “SkyRev360”?
A. Skilled India
B. Make in India
C. Developing India
D. Clean India
20.For the Construction of Zojila Tunnel, Name which ministry Signs MoU With IL and FS ?
A. Ministry of Rural Development
B. Highways Ministry of Railways
C. Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
D. Ministry of Toursim Ministry of Telecommunication
21. A new Global Centre for Cybersecurity to safeguard the world from hackers has established by which organisation?
B. International Maritime Organization
C. International Telecommunication Union
D. World Economic Forum
22.The Agra Municipal Corporation released the Smart City Agra logo features Taj Mahal and
B. Peacock Feather
C. Lotus Leaf
D. Ashoka Chakra
23. Who Holds Bilateral Talks With 3 ASEAN Leaders?
A. Shri Narendra Modi
B. Shri Naresh Iyer
C. Shri Prakash Javadekar
D. Shri Arun Jaitley
24. Number of Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri awards approved by President ?
A. 3, 9, 73
B. 6,8, 69
D. 5,70, 7
25.The first Nepal Cricket Player who got selected in IPL under Delhi Daredevils team.
A. Deepak Chahar
B. Lungisani Ngidi
C. Samdeep Lamichhane
D. Dhruv Shorey
|Answers: 1.D 2.D 3.D 4.C 5.D 6.A 7.B 8.A 9.A 10.B 11.D 12.D 13.A 14. C 15.D 16.C 17.B 18.D 19.B 20.C 21.D 22.B 23. A 24.A 25. C|