To read out the latest current affairs of 29th Jan 2018 visit our page. At our site Recruitmentindia.in, Banking/SSC/Central government exams Static GK, Banking and finance awareness bits will be posted daily. Daily refer this site to test your knowledge on the current affairs of that day through the quiz we have given at this page. Full list of 29th Jan 2018 current affairs are listed out in this page. Read them.
Current Affairs, GK 29th Jan 2018 Updates
Grammy Awards 2018 Winners List:
- On Sunday, The 60th Annual Grammy Awards, awarding for the best work from 2016 October to 2017 September held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, USA.
- The host of this Ceremony is James Corden. He is the hosting for the second time.
- Grammy Awards 2018 Winners List is as follows
- Album Of The Year: Bruno Mars
- Song of the Year: Bruno Mars’, That’s What I Like
- Record Of The Year: Bruno Mars, 24K Magic
- Best Pop Solo Performance: Ed Sheeran, Shape of You
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Ed Sheeran, Divide
- Best Dance Recording: LCD Soundsystem, Tonite
- Best Music Video: “HUMBLE.” — Kendrick Lamar
- Best Music Film: “The Defiant Ones” — Various Artists
- Best Comedy Album: “The Age of Spin/Deep in the Heart of Texas” — Dave Chappelle
- Best Children’s Album: Feel What U Feel, Lisa Loeb
- Best Folk Album: “Mental Illness” — Aimee Mann
- Best Country Album: “From A Room: Volume 1” — Chris Stapleton
- Best Rap Performance: “HUMBLE.” — Kendrick Lamar
- Best Rock Album: “A Deeper Understanding” — The War on Drugs
- Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media: La La Land
- Producer of the Year, Classical: David Fros
Full List of Winners in 106th Australian Open 2018 :
|1.||Men’s Singles||Roger Federer
|2.||Women’s Singles||Caroline Wozniacki
|3.||Men’s Doubles||Oliver Marach (Austria)
|Robert Farah (Colombia)
J. Cabal (Colombia)
|4.||Women’s Doubles||Kristina Mladenovic (France)
Tímea Babos (Hungary)
|Elena Vesnina (Russia)
Ekaterina Makarova (Russia)
|5.||Mixed Doubles||Gabriela Dabrowski (Canada)
Mate Pavic (Croatia)
|Timea Babos (Hungary)
Rohan Bopanna (India)
- Postal Stamp on legendary footballer Dr Talimeren Ao was released by the Jagdish Mukhi, Assam Governor. Dr Talimeren Ao was the captain of Indian football team during 1948 London Olympics first official match.
- A book having the title Dilli Meri Dilli : Before and After 1998” was released. That was written by Sheila Dikshit CM of New Delhi.
- A book having the title Staniya Svasasan Mei Addhi Aabadhi’ was released by M. Venkaiah Naidu (Vice-President of India). This book was written by Dr. Sadhana Pandey.
- Kolkata in West Bengal state became the first Indian Metro to get the floating market on the lake at Patuli in South Kolkata. CM of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee opened this on 24th Jan 2018.
- Vijay Keshav Gokhale appointed as New Foreign Secretary for a period of 2 years after S Jaishankar (he is worked for 3 years).
- Dr Gurcharan Singh Kalkat(Agricultural scientist, Punjab) who is pioneer in Green Revolution in India has passed away.
29th Jan 2018 GK, Banking, Current Affairs Quiz:
1.Pulse Polio Programme 2018 was launched by ?
A. Rajnath Singh
B. Sheila Dikshit
C. Narendra Modi
D. Ram Nath Kovind
2. On which date in 2018 National Immunisation Day (NID) is observed ?
A. Jan 29th
B. Jan 28th
C. Jan 30th
D. Jan 27th
3.Name the most expensive player in IPL Auction 2018 ? ?
A. Rashid Khan
B. KL Rahul
C. Jaydev Unadkat
D. Ben Stokes
4.‘Shakti’ App For Women’s Safety was launched by ?
A. Narendra Modi, PM of India
B. Himachal Pradesh CM
C. Maharashtra CM
D. Uttara Pradesh CM
5. Recently, elected President of Finland?
B. Stefan Lofven
C. Sauli Niinisto
D. Erna Solberg
6.6th World Government Summit will be held at?
7. Currency of London?
D. pound sterling
8.Name the first governor of Chhattisgarh Who passed away recently?
A. Sri Sadiq Ali
B. Dinesh Nandan Sahay
C. Mohammad Shafi Qureshi
D. B. D. Sharma
9. At the 69th Republic Day Parade 2018 Best tableau Award is given to ?
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
10. % of Reservation given by central government of India for the acid attack victims, Autism candidates?
11.International Bird Festival 2018 in February 2018 was hosted?
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
12. In Sundance Film Festival 2018 US Documentary Grand Jury Award winner ‘Kailash’ (a documentary film) directed by ?
B. Purnima Raghunath
C. Derek Doneen
13.The famous person selected for 5th edition Yash Chopra Memorial Award 2018? ?
A. Lata Mangeshkar
B. Shreya Goshal
D. Asha Bhosle
14.As per the latest survey held by GoBankingRates, India’s position after south Africa among 112 nations in terms of cheapest country to live or retire?
15. As per the Economic Survey of India 2018 the expectation of India’s GDP growth for Financial year 2018-19 ?
A. 6.0 to 7.0%
B. 7.0 to 7.5%
C. 6.8 to 7.4%
D. 6.5 to 8.0%
|Answers: 1.D 2.B 3.D 4.B 5.C 6.B 7.D 8.B 9.A 10. A 11.B 12.C 13.D 14.C